Friday, October 27, 2017

Carving Out The Light; Artist Statement


            My goals during this project was to really define all of the black shadows and I accomplished them by really blending all the dark charcoal into the paper as I could. My painting is mostly about dramatic shadows and the lighting, I tried to show them dramatically and personally I believe I did it well. The most difficult challenge I faced was getting the stem to really bring out the picture and set the tone. My drawing really works in the center, the dramatic stem sets the entire drawing. I learned that making one thing on your painting the center of attention the whole rest painting flows nicely. Gabrielle Baikauskas taught me how to really define my lines. If I had a do-over I would probably spend more time on the main pumpkin to really make it realistic. I feel like my blending and white spots are the best in my opinion of my work.



3 comments:

  1. I love the detail you used in this drawing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you detailed the stem. The lighting and shadows in this whole picture look so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your drawing skills have improved exponentially!

    ReplyDelete